An Air Conditioner With A Heater Can Save You From Having To Buy A Separate Space Heater!
The Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner with Heater is exactly what you need if you want the best of both worlds. It does an efficient job of heating (61-89 F) and cooling (61-77 F), and is perfect for areas like upstairs attics and enclosed rooms. It works great for rooms up to 500 square feet, and you’ll love the dehumidifying action that keeps you more comfortable and healthier.
14,000 BTU is just a bit more power than the 12,000 BTU window models, and you’ll see that this is an effective option for people that like portability with their cooling. For people who work in home offices, it’s a great combination air conditioner/heater that can keep you in total comfort all year round!
And when you’re done in the office, you can easily move it to the bedroom to keep that area at the desired temperature too. It makes a lot of sense to go portable with an air conditioner/heater, especially when it only takes about an hour to cool a room down or warm it up.
The Dual Hose Design Does A Better Job Than Single Hose Models For Cooling
Considering that single hose portable air conditioning models use air from the inside to cool the unit, it creates a negative pressure environment. Some people really don’t like that and opt for a dual hose design like this product.
Also, a dual hose design is able to take the warm exhaust and route it out a window, instead of the warm exhaust affecting the efficiency of the cooling.
It’s easy to route the dual hoses out a window and seal the area with the included installation kit. Most people find that the dual hose design is an improvement over single hose models. There’s no negative pressure to worry about and the warm exhaust is eliminated from the room efficiently. Alternatively, you can use this unit in single hose mode as well.
Central Heating And Cooling Is Expensive! So Why Use It?
A central heating and cooling system can really make your energy bills skyrocket. That’s why people buy window air conditioning units and portable units like this one. The amount you save over central air is something to seriously consider if you’re budget minded and want to save as much as you can.
Over the course of a year, running two of these portable air conditioners/heaters at once, you’ll end up cutting your energy bill by nearly half of what you’re used to paying with central heating and cooling. That’s one heck of a reason to buy one or two of these units!
With two of these running at once, you’ll only be spending around $60 to run them per month. And if you want to look at financial figures, it costs about 100 dollars a month to run central heating or cooling. Save the forty bucks a month and buy two of these and run them at once! Plus, they’re virtually maintenance free.
And let’s face it, space heaters can be pretty expensive to run all the time. That’s why it’s great to have a heater built into your portable air conditioner. This 14,000 BTU unit offers this functionality, and does a pretty good job of heating rooms up.
The Portability Is A Real Money Saver!
The portability of this unit allows you to take it anywhere in the house, to any room you choose. This means you’ll be able to make the most of your purchase and use the heating/cooling features all year round. It makes the perfect household companion, and pays for itself in terms of comfort and reduction in energy costs.
The heating feature is great to heat up cold bathrooms, and the cooling is great for when it’s sweltering hot outside. 14,000 BTU of cooling is plenty of power for this. Just take a look at some of the Amazon reviews and you’ll see that this is a fully capable heating and cooling machine.
And how about being able to take it to other locations using vehicle transport? I’m sure you’ve been to certain places, maybe a garage type setting even, where using a portable air conditioner/heater would come in very handy. And if you’re worried about the initial cost, don’t be! Even though it’s a bit expensive to purchase, it will end up paying for itself with the money you save on energy bills.
Let’s take a closer look at the feature set of the Whynter 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Heater
Whynter ARC-14SH Features:
- 14,000 BTU Of Cooling/Heating Power
- 61-89 F Heating / 61-77 F Cooling Temperature Range
- Cools Or Heats Rooms Up To 500 Square Feet
- Dual Hose Design
- 24 Hour Programmable Timer
- Caster Wheels For Easy Mobility
- Carbon Air Filter And Washable Pre-Filter
- 3 Modes – Fan, Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier (101 Pints Per Day)
- 3 Fan Speeds
- 81 Lbs Total Weight
Whynter ARC-14SH Pros:
- Refrigerant is environmentally friendly and does a superb job of cooling – Won’t harm the ozone layer
- Dual hose design takes the warm exhaust and is able to route it out a window for more efficient performance
- Only costs about $30 per month to run this unit from 7 am to 9 pm everyday of the week
- Uses a lot less money than central heating and cooling – You’ll save a lot!
- This unit can also work in single hose mode
- When it’s 100+ degrees outside, you can count on this unit to keep things cool
- Caster wheels make it a breeze to roll this unit to any room you want!
- Whynter is good with their customer service and can answer your product questions promptly
- Draining the water out of the unit when it gets full doesn’t take a lot of time – You can do it quickly
- You’ll notice a significant temperature difference within only 20 minutes of running the unit
- You can use this air conditioner for a couple of months without having to empty the tank!
- Comes packaged very well from Amazon so there’s very little possibility of damage in shipping
- Free Shipping Available
Whynter ARC-14SH Cons:
- Can be quite loud when running – Some people have already noted this
- Can occasionally leak condensation onto the floor – You may need to place an aluminum pan underneath it
- Occasional reports of people not getting the mounting hardware to fit specific window sizes