1. First Pick – Rikon 10-325 14 Inch Band Saw
RIKON Power Tools is one of the key players in many woodworking garages and professional settings across the country. They’re turning out some absolutely beautiful woodworking machines these days.
The RIKON 10-325 14 Inch Band Saw comes with a quick release blade tensioner and can operate at two speeds: 1,445 and 2,950 feet per minute. The hinged blade guard comes with a sight window so you can see the materials you’re cutting, and the large scale 16″ X 21 1/2″ work table gives you ample room to make quick work of your bigger projects.
It comes complete with a 4 inch dust port and a 13 inch total blade cutting capacity.
It also has a tool storage cabinet that allows you to store your most frequently used tools. It even comes with an installable rip fence that can go on either side, and will also fit a resaw bar (Not Included).
The Amazon review score for this item is surprisingly impressive. RIKON Power Tools has become a new player in the world of construction machinery, and we think it’s high time you cashed in on their expertise.
- 13 Inch Blade Cutting Capacity
- 11,445 and 2,950 Feet Per Minute Speed Selection
- 16″ X 21 1/2″ Work Table
- 4 Inch Dust Port
- Precision Balanced Cast Iron Wheels
- Quick Release Blade Tensioner
- Hinged Blade Guard with Sight Window
- Tool Storage Cabinet
- Two Year Warranty
- Comes with an operating manual, blade selection guide, and wheel tip sheet
- Quick release blade tensioning system allows you to release the tension and change blades quickly
- Work table is very nicely machined and polished for exceptional performance
- Has quality bearing guides
- Overall construction of this machine is A+ all the way
- Takes around 8 hours to assemble
- Fence system might require some initial alignment
2. Second Pick – Grizzly G0457 14 Inch Bandsaw
As far as band saw selection goes, no company in the world can outdo Grizzly! This Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw comes with a deluxe heavy steel stand, 1 horsepower motor, lower and upper ball bearing blade guides, 4″ dust port, a 3/8″ blade, miter gauge, and fence.
This band saw has a 13 1/2″ cutting capacity and the table is able to tilt from 45 degrees on the right and 10 degrees on the left. The cast iron frame is built for years of trouble free performance.
As far as band saws go, the Grizzly G0555 Band Saw is quite exceptional.
- 13.5″ Blade Cutting Capacity – 6″ Maximum Height
- 2 Speed Selection Options – 1,500 and 3,200 RPM
- Upper and Lower Ball Bearing Guides
- Cast Iron Frame
- Extruded Aluminum Fence
- Fully Balanced Wheels
- 14″ X 14″ Table Size
- 210 Lb Shipping Weight
- After a solid 13 months of continuous use, this band saw came out shining
- Features performance and options that are on par with much more expensive saws
- With such an outstanding price and quality level, you’ll wish you bought this saw sooner
- Quiet and vibration free – Just the way a band saw should be
- Centering the blade on this saw is easy – Just turn the knob and lock it in place
- Assembly is straight forward with easy to follow instructions
- Access to the blade and wheels are conveniently located
- Most people who bought this saw would recommend it to their friends
- Grizzly throws a blade and riser block in with the saw package for free!
- Price tag for this saw is so low that you’ll have trouble accepting that it’s actually high quality machinery
- May be difficult to set up for beginners
3. Third Pick – JET 708115K JWBS-14CS 14 Inch Bandsaw
Like we’ve said before in our previous reviews, JET is making some fantastic wood machining equipment these days. They make everything from saws to drum sanders and everything in between. If you want superb quality, you’ll find it in JET products. The JET 708115K JWBS-14CS Bandsaw is a woodworkers dream come true.
It comes with a graphite polymer blade that’s able to handle 6 inch by 13 1/2 inch cutting capacity. The 1 horsepower motor operates at 3,000 strokes per minute and it even comes with a tilting table that makes angled cuts easy.
The dust chute makes quick work of getting rid of dust accumulation, and the included five year warranty is there to ensure you get your moneys worth. JET stands behind their products and will back up the warranty.
- 14 Inch Blade Dimension
- 1 Horsepower Motor – 3,000 Strokes Per Minute – 115/230 Volt 1 Phase
- Tilt Table
- Graphite Guide Blocks
- Enclosed Stand
- Dust Chute
- 6″ X 13 1/2″ Cutting Capacity
- Five Year Warranty
- Assembly of this band saw is easy – Clear, precise instructions with pictures to guide you
- Changing the blade takes only five minutes
- You can use this band saw for everything from ripping, resawing, precision work, hardwoods, softwoods, and even plastics!
- People who are serious about their construction work need the help of a good bandsaw – This JET model is upstanding and professional
- The low price tag makes this a super value for a long lasting tool
- This saw is able to pay for itself within a few short years of professional work
- Shipping from Amazon is fast
- The paint job on this JET product is superb
- Be sure to install the blade with the teeth facing down – Beginners may make the mistake of installing the blade with the teeth facing up
- Replacing the Cool Block type blade guides with improved “roller” guides can improve performance
- Dust collection efforts seem like kind of a joke with this machine
- Tensioner is reported to be difficult to use for some people