If you’re looking for the perfect addition to your home to help you save money on the cost of cooling it, a casement air conditioner might be perfect for you.
Casement air conditioners look different than standard rectangular air conditioners. They have a vertical design instead of being horizontally rectangular. Take a look at the pictures of the products we have listed and you’ll see what we mean.
As far as performance is concerned, you can expect the exact same cooling power that a horizontally rectangle air conditioner will provide. The only difference is that casement air conditioners are designed to be placed in smaller windows, where it can take advantage of the height of the window instead of the width.
Casement windows fit these types of air conditioners perfectly. A casement window is attached to the frame by one or more hinges. This is what differentiates a casement window from an awning window. With an awning window, you would use a standard, horizontally rectangular air conditioner.
Some examples of what to look for in a casement air conditioner are similar to what you would look for in a standard, rectangular unit. You want a strong amount of BTU power, usually between 10,000-15,000 BTU, multiple fan speeds, a remote control, an antibacterial filter, and directional vent control ability to aim the air flow.
Frigidaire FRA123KT1 12,000 BTU Window Casement Air Conditioner Review
This is the most powerful of the three casement air conditioners we have listed. A whopping 12,000 BTU of power is yours to use and control. It has nearly exactly the same features as the other three units we have listed, including three speed fan modes, 4 way directional air flow, remote control, digital readout, button controls, and antibacterial mesh filter.
What sets it apart from the other three is the BTU rating and the amount of space it can cool. It’s rated for 640 square feet, and you’ll find that it might be able to cool even more than that!
Now let’s get to the Amazon review score. This item scored 4.5 stars out of 5. While there isn’t a lot of reviews for this item yet, it’s a pretty good score, and Frigidaire is a very trustworthy brand name.
Let’s take a closer look at the features:
- 12,000 BTU
- Casement Design
- 4 Way Directional Air Flow
- Remote Control
- Digital Readout
- Electronic Button Controls
- Antibacterial Mesh Filter
- Energy Saving Mode
- Uses less energy than competing air conditioners!
- People say this is the best air conditioner they’ve every bought
- Fair price for the BTU and quality level
- Shipping is fast from Amazon
- Amazon will refund the full purchase price if it’s defective
- Able to cool nearly an entire house by itself – Incredible value for the money!
- In triple digit weather, you need a high quality air conditioner like this
- Saves lots of money over the cost of running central air
- A bit awkward for one person to install alone
- A great air conditioner, but the casement design is only appropriate for specific window types