Looking for a big enough tent to hold your whole family yet still be able to go camping with it? You can find tents in just about any size or style that are big enough to hold even the largest family or group of people. or all the beginner campers or outdoor enthusiasts, camping is a whole new world to them. Being able to camp out in comfortable family size tents is essential.
They give you the extra room you need to move around, store your gear and lay down several mattresses. By choosing the right kind of tent for your family size, you can leave the rest of the camping trip to roasting hotdogs or marshmallows over the fire.
Wenzel Kodiak Tent Review
These tents are just like sleeping in a cabin. The Wenzel Kodiak Family Cabin Dome Tent is just such a tent. It sleeps up to 9 people and if you are a smaller 4 to 5 person family, it will allow ample space for longer camping trips in comfort.
This tent can be considered a home away from home due to its 2 room, high-ceiling, straight-walled design. You get over 168 sq. ft. of space and its well ventilated with a huge mesh Dutch “D” door, fully vented roof and two picture and two bay windows.
It has a welded polyethylene floor and full cover rainfly to keep you dry and protected in wet weather. During clear, sunny weather, you can roll back the fly and look up at the stars without having to worry about insects.
This tent is very easy to get set up, even though it is so large and it features central hubs which connect steel uprights to the roof as well as a easy to use pin and ring system.
- Enjoy a large, two room cabin tent that fits up to nine people; comes with two gear lofts, steel stakes, mud mat, two hanging pockets and storage duffel
- Maximize interior space with the straight sidewalls; welded polyethylene floor and full coverage fly help protect against elements
- Includes two bay windows, two picture windows, Mesh Dutch “D” door and screen roof for ventilation and visibility
- Comes with solid steel frame having hub connections as well as pin and ring system to make setting up simple
- Holds up to nine people, measures at approximately 14 x 14 x 7.17 ft.
- Very simple to set this tent up. Even a single person can do it all by themselves.
- There is a ton of room and you can easily add in a double-high queen mattress as well as any other gear and equipment you want to bring along.
- When you step inside this tent, you do not feel claustrophobic like many other tents.
- The square floor plan is big and simple.
- The walls do not slope like other dome tents do making the floors outer edges unusable.
- In addition, if you remove the rain fly, you get an amazing view of the stars and you still get your privacy as well.
- Although the Wenzel Kodiak Family Cabin Dome Tent is a rugged, solid tent, during very high wind conditions, they may still rip or tear. Therefore, try to use in decent weather; don’t push it. This is to be expected with all tents.