Microwaves have come a long way in recent years. Instead of having to spend all day slaving over a hot oven, you can simply let the microwave handle it. If size is an issue, it won’t be after you purchase this generous capacity microwave.
1250 watts of power allows you to really make the most of the 1.6 cubic feet. A large, 15 inch turntable is included, and allows you to make large portions of food like pizzas and other items.
It has a keep warm feature, turbo defrost, 10 power levels, menu screen, and five multistage cooking buttons. There is a button to add a single minute to the cooking time and a popcorn key too!
This is one of the few microwaves you’ll find with a long lasting warranty. You’re covered from defects for a total of 2 years after the purchase. And if that’s not enough to impress and entice you, this microwave has been given the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
This is truly a machine that’s worth the money and made by a high quality company. Panasonic has been making microwaves for many years, and things have only gotten better with time.
- 1250 Watts Of Power
- 1.6 Cubic Feet Of Internal Capacity
- 10 Power Levels
- 15 Inch Turntable
- Child Safety Lock
- One Touch Genius Sensor Cook And Reheat
- Single Minute Button
- Popcorn Key
- 2 Year Warranty
- Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval
Pros of Panasonic NN-H765WF:
- Panasonic has really improved the quality of their microwaves in recent years, and this one is no exception
- Circuitry in this microwave is smaller and lighter than competing models
- Turbo Defrost feature ensures proper defrosting
- Up to 6 lbs can be defrosted at a time!
- Powers down in intensity so your food is cooked, never burned
- Very quiet while operating
- Accommodates large plates and platters with ease
- Sensor cooking technology automatically knows when your food is done
- Reports of Panasonic microwaves lasting an incredible 21 years.
- One of the largest capacity microwaves that’s still high quality
- Hard to see inside the microwave while items are cooking
- One report of bad customer service