With 12,000 BTU of power, you’ll be able to cool even a larger room with no problems at all! Instead of a traditional single hose design, this unit comes with dual hoses.
One hose expels condensation and heat, while the other hose pulls in outside air to cool the unit. This portable air conditioner uses R-410A refrigerant and is free of lead and CFC.
It has a digital control system that’s easy to use. The included remote control makes controlling the air conditioner a snap, even from across the room.
It has three different modes of operation:
- Air conditioner
This means you get the best bang for your buck in terms of overall functionality. The auto-drain technology automatically takes the condensation from the air to help produce cool air for the room. This unit is capable of removing 101 pints of water from the air per day, making for a dry environment that won’t allow bacteria to flourish.
The Whynter ARC-12SD it’s quiet and equally efficient as other models in its class. It doesn’t require any sort of permanent installation and will go to any room of your house to produce a cool and comfortable environment.
With the included plastic window kit, you’ll be sure to keep the hot air out and the cool air in. A dual hose design is favored by most people who have a portable air conditioner in very hot temperatures. Dual hose designs seem to offer exceptional performance when it comes to cooling temperatures.
You’ll be able to roll or carry this unit to any room of the house for a truly amazing cooling experience. This unit just seems to work better than a great majority of other portable air conditioners out there.
It’s both quiet and efficient in operation and will allow you to cool a room even while sleeping. Weighing in at a total of 71 lbs, moving this unit to another area is no problem.
- Remote Control
- 12,000 BTU Max Cooling Power
- 3 Modes – Fan, Dehumidifier, Air Conditioner
- Removes Up To 101 Pints Of Moisture Per Day
- Included Plastic Window Kit For A Flush Installation
Pros of Whynter ARC-12SD:
- With a dual hose design, the wet/hot air goes out the window and the cool air stays in.
- Extremely cold air from this unit, enough to really get the job done in 94+ degree conditions.
- Power usage of only 10.5 amperage – Will spare the circuit breaker.
- One of the highest rated and most well received portable units on Amazon – Check the reviews!
- Compact design.
- Reports of successfully cooling an area of 600 square feet!
- Exceptional performance for an affordable price.
- A bit loud.
- Some people report frequent emptying of the water receptacle.