Baratza is definitely among the leading producers of the finest burr coffee grinders out there and it is not that hard to figure out why. Ever since the company was founded back in 1999, they have dedicated themselves to designing the most high quality coffee grinders out there.
Burr grinders are far superior when compared to blade grinders. They are less noisy, produce even sized coffee grinds and are far less messy than the blade grinders.
You should seriously consider switching to a burr grinder like the Baratza Vario Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder if you are currently using a blade grinder.
It limits the amount of heat that is transferred to the grinds from the burrs. It has electronic dosing which grinds on demand and for each shot of espresso you desire, it grinds the perfect amount.
You never have to worry about stale coffee which is quite common in mechanical dosing models. You get 3 programmable grind buttons and more than 230 grind settings. Also, you get super quite, hands free operation with a super powerful DC motor.
- Comes with 54mm Mahlkonig Ceramic Flat Burrs
- Includes electronic dosing to grind on demand
- Includes Porta-Holder and Dual Cam Adjustable grind
- Powerful DC Motor for quiet operation and extended grind time
Overall, the Baratza Vario grinder grinds really fast, looks great and you get many different grind settings with no static problems or having grounds fly all over your countertop. Although it has a higher price, this coffee grinder is excellent and makes the perfect cup of coffee!
Baratza Vario Pros:
- Grind consistency is amazing – The Baratza Vario has been considered for years to be the one grinder that is able to provide the best grind consistency. You have total control over the grind and it is easy to use.
- Pot of coffee never tasted so good – Many pointed out that after using a previous coffee grinder, this grinder was 100% times better.
- Good customer service – If there is a problem the company has great customer service and is there to help.
- It has a very heavy duty motor – The motor of the Baratza Vario is strong and is long lasting.
- Auto-dosing feature – This is a feature few grinders in the same price range provide and something people really enjoy.
- It looks nice – This grinder has a nice look and is able to stay on the counter if desired.
- Fantastic for espresso – Many noted that it’s great for espresso because it doesn’t clump while grinding.
- Timer feature – Few grinders have timers and the Baratza Vario had a great timer which helps with consistency.
- Grind retention – The grind retention is minimal.
- It is quiet – Many grinders are loud and annoying. The Baratza Vario is quiet. Many people even noted that they could barely hear it while it ground their beans.
- Compact – You will find this machine super compact in size but still powerful. People noted that you can travel with it or it can be used in an office setting. The build of the Vario is substantial with more metal and less plastic.
- Versatile – You can use the Baratza Vario for many other things and not just coffee.
- You can easily adjust it and remember the different coffee settings you previously had.
- The display is really clear and it is very easy to read.
- Changing the beans is a snap and grinding is consistent and right on target, no matter what setting.
Baratza Vario Cons:
- A little bit pricey – While the price is high, you get what you pay for. You won’t find many of the features within the Baratza Vario in other grinder.
- Overheats some times – It overheats if used more than two times in a row. The manual recommends that you wait some time before using the product more than 2 times in a row.
- The LED indicator lights can be a little piercing – a lower key color would have been better.