1. First Pick – DEWALT DC330K Cordless Top Handle Jig Saw Kit
If you’re in need of a cordless option in a jig saw, look no further than the DeWalt DC330K Heavy-Duty 18 Volt Ni-Cad Cordless Top Handle Jig Saw Kit. With 18 volts of power in the Ni-Cad battery, you’ll be able to power through pretty much any job.
The variable speed settings allow you to choose from 0-3,000 strokes per minute. The bevel has detents preset for you, at angles of 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees.
The blade stroke is set at 1 inch deep, the blade clamp is keyless with a lever action allowing you to change blades easily, and it’s formatted with an easy to grip top handle that makes all day use a real possibility.
It’s also surprisingly lightweight at only 5.1 lbs. And to keep your cutting area free of debris, the included blower makes quick work of it. The 1 hour quick charger gives you fast charging times and the three year limited warranty will keep you safe from factory defects.
Overall, this is a great jig saw that’s worth every penny. Across 37 customer reviews, people agree that it’s worth it.
- 18 Volts Of Power From The Ni-Cad Battery Pack
- Variable Speeds
- 0-3,000 Strokes Per Minute
- Bevel Detents At 0, 15, 30, and 45 Degree Angles
- 1 Inch Stroke
- Orbital Cutting
- 1 Hour Quick Charger
- 5.1 Lbs Total Weight
- 3 Year Warranty
- If you purchase more than one battery, you can use this cordless jig saw all day long with no problems
- Allows you to cut the tightest of curves without error
- Excellent power delivery across the 0-3,000 strokes per minute
- Dust blower works better than average
- Blade holder is very strong and surprisingly stable
- DeWalt batteries work in many DeWalt products, not just this jig saw
- Well balanced
- This tool isn’t difficult to use, even for beginners
- No cord to get in the way of your cuts
- Battery is longest lasting in the field
- Lacks an LED light
- Lacks a laser sight
2. Second Pick – Makita 4350FCT Top Handle Jig Saw
Makita is a household name with the great majority of carpenters and wood workers out there. The Makita 4350FCT Top Handle Jig Saw has a load of features and is truly built to impress.
With an extremely low vibration design, you can be assured of making the perfect cut every time. This jig saw comes with three orbital settings and makes straight cuts too.
The 6.3 amp motor is enough power for every job you can throw at it, and you get your choice of variable speeds, from 800-2,800 strokes per minute.
It’s low noise, has a 1 inch stroke, weighs only 5.7 lbs, and even comes with an LED light to give you a better sight on what you’re cutting. This jig saw uses a tool-less blade changing system, and it makes bevel adjustments quick and easy.
This is a great jig saw for home wood workers and even people in professional wood working industries. Everyone who has tried this saw has really liked it, so if you want validation that this is a good saw, just check out the Amazon reviews that accompany the product.
- 6.3 Amp Motor
- 800-2,800 Strokes Per Minute
- LED Light
- Tool-less Blade System
- 3 Orbital Settings
- 5.7 Lbs Total Weight
- One Year Warranty
- Many people agree, this is one of the best jig saws on the market
- Makes better cuts than some competing saws
- Corded design gives you more consistent power than a cordless
- Chip blower is effective in removing dust and debris
- Quiet operation is easy on the ears
- Comfort and weight of this jig saw is second to none
- Cheap enough to buy for anyone who needs a quality jig saw
- Overall a great value for the money
- Some people prefer the cordless variety
- Only 1 year warranty
3. Third Pick – Milwaukee 6266-22 Top Handle Orbital Jig Saw
Milwaukee. Just hearing the name inspires confidence. Many people swear by this company and refuse to use any other jig saw. The Milwaukee 6266-22 Top Handle Orbital Jig Saw offers amazing performance for a price that isn’t hard to accept.
It has 6.2 amps of corded power, which is more than enough for wood working projects as well as materials like steel and plastic. Choose from 500-3,000 strokes per minute with the included adjustable dial.
The shoe cover protects your Milwaukee jig saw from damage and a dust collection port allows connecting a vacuum to the saw easy.
Finally, the vibration dampening feature allows you to make cuts with the least vibration possible, ensuring smooth edges and increased user satisfaction. The orbital action of this saw allows you to make a wide variety of cuts and the angled shoe can go in 45 degrees in either direction.
So if you’re looking for top of the line Milwaukee quality, this saw has it. The price is a little higher than competing models, but for the name Milwaukee, having to pay a bit extra isn’t such a bad thing.
- 6.2 Amps Of Power
- 500-3,000 Strokes Per Minute
- Dust Collection Port
- Non-Marring Shoe Cover
- 45 Degree Angled Shoe
- 4 Setting Orbital Action
- Quik-Lok Blade Change System
- Professionals are swearing by this saw, calling it the best in the business
- Dust collection port allows for easy disposal of your dust and debris
- Even at super high speeds, the lack of vibration will impress you
- Easy operation eliminates user strain
- Comes with five free blades and a case
- Comes with 6.2 amps, which is more powerful than competing jig saws
- Very long cord
- Won’t bind while you work
- Some people think it’s too heavy
- Trigger isn’t variable