This riding lawn tractor by Husqvarna makes the perfect upgrade to your lawn care and home owner needs. You can accomplish tons of different outdoor projects with a riding lawn tractor that you just can’t do with anything else.
With a 42 inch cutting deck, 540cc 20 HP engine, Hydrostatic Transmission, cutting height adjustment, adjustable seat, and ergonomic steering wheel, you can cut lawns all day long! It’s highly maneuverable and easy to store away when you’re done cutting. It can travel in both forward and reverse, do it smoothly, and even has cruise control that works on uneven terrain.
Husqvarna Has Really Set The Standard For Engine Quality In Recent Years
Whether it’s their trimmers, chainsaws, or lawn mowers, Husqvarna is a highly respected and well established company that should be one of the first on your list of manufacturers to consider. They also make an impressive line of motorcycles that outdoor enthusiasts really seem to enjoy.
The bottom line is, when you look at the satisfaction score of Husqvarna customers, you’ll understand that their products are built to last and conform to exacting quality standards. It’s tough to compare Husqvarna to any other company because they’re really in a class by themselves.
Why Not Just Buy An ATV For Yard Work Instead?
You could buy an all terrain ATV, but those are super expensive! With a four wheeler, you’re looking at nearly 5,000 dollars or more, depending on the model you choose, and you can’t even mow the lawn with it. An ATV is great for a farm type setting, where you can really make use of it.
But for the everyday homeowner, they don’t make much financial sense. A riding lawn tractor doesn’t go as fast and will probably last much longer than an ATV will because you’ll be taking it easier on the engine.
Proper Lawn Care Starts With The Planting Grass, But Is Made Complete By The Way You Take Care Of It
Investing in a quality lawn tractor just makes sense if you’re a home owner. Most people have one of two types of lawn mowing equipment. Either a push mower or a riding lawn tractor.
Push mowers take so long to cut big yards, and for people who are getting older, it’s hard to find the energy to push the mower for hours at a time. That’s where the comfort and strength of a riding lawn tractor can help things out immensely.
And consider this, the maximum cutting width you’re going to get out of a push mower is about 21″ wide, and that’s for the largest scale models of push mower. The Husqvarna YTH2042 has a 42″ cutting deck that will cut your mowing time in half!
You can then dedicate the time you save to complete additional projects or spend the time relaxing.
So What Makes The Husqvarna YTH2042 Riding Lawn Tractor Worth Considering?
Let’s take a closer look at the features and factors that really stand out with this model.
For just under $2,000, the cost to own this riding lawn tractor is surprisingly affordable. Other models of riding tractors will cost you nearly $3,000! Consider this high quality model and save yourself the extra thousand!
2. 42″ Cutting Deck And 1.5 – 4 Inch Fully Adjustable Cutting Height:
This is one of the greatest features about this Husqvarna riding lawn tractor. Instead of having to spend all day cutting your yard, you can get it done in a fraction of the time it usually takes with the 42″ deck. Also, the 1.5 – 4 inch fully adjustable cutting height allows you to select the perfect setting for your lawn.
3. Tuff Torq Hydrostatic Transmission:
The transmission that comes with the Husqvarna YTH2042 allows you to go in both forward (up to 5.2 MPH) and reverse (Up To 2.9 MPH). It also allows you to use the cruise control that stays up to speed even on uneven terrain.
4. Air Induction Mowing Technology:
Mowing is made a lot easier with this new technology. With the air induction system, air is drawn up from the top and bottom of the deck to get the grass to stand straight up. This greatly improves cutting performance and ensures your lawn looks as perfect as possible.
5. Collect, Mulch, Or Side Eject Clippings:
You can choose from three modes of function with the Husqvarna YTH2042. You can collect the clippings, mulch them, or side eject.
And for people who like a list format of features, check out the feature set of this Husqvarna YTH2042 below:
Husqvarna YTH2042 Features:
- 20 HP, 540cc Briggs and Stratton Intek Engine
- 42″ Cutting Deck
- 1.5 – 4 Inch Adjustable Cutting Height
- Tuff Torq Hydrostatic Transmission
- 5.2 MPH Forward Speed – 2.9 MPH Reverse Speed
- Air Induction Mowing Technology
- Collect, Mulch, Or Side Eject Clippings
- Ergonomic Steering Wheel
- 2.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
- 418 Lbs Total Weight
- 2 Year Warranty
Husqvarna YTH2042 Pros:
- The air induction mowing technology makes the grass stand straight up for better cutting performance and better discharge of the clippings
- Two year warranty is enough to keep you safe from defects – Some problems only go wrong after a year or so of continuous riding
- Compact size with great handling – People really seem to love using this tractor
- The Husqvarna brand name has been a hallmark of trust and respect for outdoor aficionados around the world for many years
- With an attached washing system, you can wash the under carriage of this mower easily
- Can cut and bag long, heavy grass easily
- Even when mowing over 3 acres, this riding tractor will mow it with no problem at all
- Instruction manual that comes with it is really easy to follow
- Variable speed control allow you to ride slow or fast, your choice
- You can pull a utility trailer with this tractor too!
- Stable – Won’t tip over on hillsides
- 2.5 gallon fuel tank is enough for extended periods of riding
- 418 lbs is the perfect weight for a riding tractor
- Headlights are really useful for night time yard projects
- Steering wheel is comfortable and allows you to use it for hours without hand fatigue
Husqvarna YTH2042 Cons:
- Some complain that the ride is a bit bumpy
- Warranty could stand to be longer for a riding tractor like this
- Reverse speed could be quicker