This is one of the best window air conditioners that you can buy. 8,000 BTU of cooling power makes sure that your room stays just as cool as you want it. If your room is 350 square feet and under this unit will work great. It looks quite stylish and modern and does an effective job of cooling medium sized rooms.
This specific unit is very quiet, even when running at high speed. This is an Energy Star unit that conserves power as it’s running, saving you much more than older units. The design is compact but easy to install with the installation kit. It comes with an ionizer and antibacterial filter.
It also comes with a temperature sensing remote, so no matter where you are in the room you can get an accurate reading of the actual temperature and run the unit accordingly. 3 cooling speeds and 3 fan speeds makes adjustments for comfort easy.
- 115-volt window air conditioner with 8,000 BTU of power
- Dehumidifier feature removes 1.7 pints of water per hour from up to 350 square feet of space
- Ionizer feature removes dust, impurities, and pollen for allergy sufferers
- Auto cool mode automatically adjusts as the temp changes
- Energy Star rating ensures that you save money on your energy bill
- Tilt out mesh filter with antibacterial action
Pros of Frigidaire FRA086AT7:
- Medium to large rooms will get the most benefit from this Frigidaire FRA086AT7 window air conditioner.
- It saves a lot of money with the Energy Star rating and does a great job with cooling rooms.
- The dehumidifier feature works great and removes a lot of excess moisture from the air.
- This unit comes with a 1 year full coverage and 5 year AC compressor replacement warranty.
- The digital display is easy to read and understand.
- It only weighs about 50 lbs, which will make installation a breeze.
- Your room will stay cool and crisp and you can use the timer button to adjust room temperature and save money so it isn’t running 24/7.
- After 250 hours of use this unit automatically tells you to clean the filter.
- It has a 6 foot long cord so you don’t even need an extension cord to use it.
- It’s a very modern design and will look great in any window.
- Overall the 8,000 BTU of power is plenty for a medium sized room and any people have found they have power to spare with this unit.
- The temperature sensing remote is a real plus and gives very accurate readings of the true temperature of a room.
- Frigidaire is a brand name with many years of producing quality products and is a name you can put your trust in.
- This unit could be a little cheaper, but with the Energy Star rating, you’ll save a lot over the cost of running an older unit and be able to recoup the costs.
- A 500 foot room is just too big for this air conditioner, so you’d have to find a Frigidaire in a bigger BTU for a room of that size.