Davis Instruments has come out with one of the best weather stations for home aficionados that money can buy. The 6250 Vantage Vue Weather Station is everything you need to measure weather, prepare for bad storms, and keep tabs on whatever conditions are in your area.
The ISS (Integrated Sensor Suite) is wireless and measures rainfall, has an anemometer, measures wind direction and temperature/relative humidity, and features a built-in shield so sunlight doesn’t affect the temperature readings. It’s super easy to install, which makes it easy for beginners to use, and it’s built to withstand harsh weather conditions without breaking or malfunctioning.
The digital console that comes with it features a backlit 4.375 inch LCD screen and a glow in the dark keypad. It can forecast the weather, give you moon phase and sunrise/sunset times, keep you informed of growing weather trends, and has alarm features that make recognizing when something has changed really easy.
It can record up to 25 days of variable weather data and display them on the console for easy reading. With the included WeatherLink data logger, you can do a lot more with it too.
Overall this is a great weather station, probably the best of the three we’re listing, and the Amazon review score shows it. 4.5 stars out of 5 across 131 reviews is really good, and we think you’ll be impressed by this stations weather measuring performance.
- Self Contained (ISS) Integrated Sensor Suite
- LCD Console
- Mounting Hardware
- 1,000 Feet Of Wireless Transmission Distance
- 2.5 Second Updates
- Records A Wide Range Of Weather Conditions
- Alarm Features
- Davis Instruments is a high end producer of weather measuring instruments – You can put your complete trust in this company
- Also calculates wind chill, heat index, and heating/cooling fluctuations in degrees/days
- Installation is incredibly simple – Makes this a good choice for beginners
- Although it costs more than other weather stations – You really get what you pay for in terms of product quality
- After three years of continuous use, all that was needed was a maintenance cleaning and lithium battery replacement
- The 2 1/2 second wind speed weather update is much faster than competing models – Other models only offer wind gust updates after 2 minutes!
- Costs around 200 dollars more than competing models
- The high price tag may deter some people from buying it