The digitally advantaged Black & Decker D2030 Auto-Off Digital Advantage Iron means having a customized iron powered by 1500 watts of heat while displaying the temperature, settings for temperature, settings for fabrics of large material varieties.
With the back light, LCD screen monitor, you can have an enhancement from a conventional iron with now simple viewing. Not to mention, you can have peace and safety knowing there is a function which shuts off the iron when necessary, since it monitors motions.
Also, there is auto clean, a spraying mist, steaming that is surged, and a noise alerts the user when temperature is ready. The iron remains clean for countless years with the sole being steel (stainless) and works with just about any fabric type.
- Iron is 1500 watts along with the temperature digitally displayed and settings for fabrics.
- Simple reading LCD, mini monitor; soleplate of stainless steel; grip is soft.
- Steam controls are variable; Steaming can be vertical; steam bursts; cleaning is automatic.
- Tons for temperatures; Automatically shuts off with motion sensitivity.
- Size is 5 X 11-1/2 X 6 inches; Warranty for one year.
Black & Decker D2030 Pros:
- This holds a lot of water without silly controls. Very simple and easy to understand textile selection features.
- The plate on the sole is smooth and the steam is quite powerful.
- Using starch isn’t even necessary. With steam settings being variable on the dial for correct steam amounts, the steaming is fantastic. Also, there is a great spraying function.
- The weight is good and there is a light up window when one may use it. Fabrics will not burn or melt with this one.
- Iron builds up to working temperature very quickly.
- The water tank is larger than average so you have to do fewer refills.
- Water well lights up and the iron beeps when temperature is ready to use so it is easy to tell when it has warmed up enough.
- Specially designed cup for adding water to the reservoir makes this necessary chore very easy to do without any mess or spillage.
- Steam burst feature is very effective and the button for the steam burst is very rugged and long lasting.
- Digital display helps you keep up with the current settings.
- Auto-off feature remembers your setting and restarts iron at these specifications.
- The long power cord allows more maneuverability of ironing board location and flexibility of movement around it while working.
- Electric cord is attached to the iron with a swivel to keep it out of the way while working.
- Has a vertical steamer position for steaming clothes on the hanger.
- Narrow sole plate allows close-in detail work on cuffs and around buttons.
Black & Decker D2030 Cons:
- Water well cover is very fragile and easily broken.
- Unit is somewhat heavy so a sturdy ironing board is suggested.
- Stainless steel does not glide quite as smoothly as non-stick or ceramic irons.
- Water must be refilled often (after a few items are ironed)