A great cup of coffee can really make your day and get your spirits soaring. Many people enjoy a cup or two of coffee each morning because of the effect it has. It helps them stay awake, tastes wonderful and can be just the kick they need to get their work day off on the right track.
Because of this, it only makes sense to have your own coffee grinder in your kitchen so you can have that sensational cup of coffee whenever you want. A great cup of coffee starts with the right quantity of fresh, ground beans.
Therefore, it should go without saying that a great cup of coffee starts with the coffee grinder.
The Breville automatically calibrates every dose with its Dosing IQ whenever you change the settings which provides you with exactly the amount you need.
You get a backlit LCD Screen that reads easily, 25-grind settings, customized grind amount choices for drip coffee, espresso, French press and percolator and number of cups or shots. This unit automatically grinds the direct dose into a grinds container, portafilter or drip filter baskets.
- Comes with 25-grind settings for espresso, drip, percolator or French press
- Includes a backlit LCD screen with large display that clearly shows the number of shots or cups, grind settings and customized grinding amount
- Each dose is adjusted with the auto dosing system
- Includes bean hopper with locking system and air tight lid
- Included accessories are grind container, conical burr, cleaning brush and two portafilter cradles
Overall, the Breville BCG800XL Burr Grinder is a great coffee grinder, is affordable, fast, is made with great quality and comes highly recommended!
Breville BCG800XL Pros:
- Consistent grinds – The grinds of the coffee are the same consistency. If you have ever had a problem with big chumps of coffee, this coffee grinder will be a nice change for you.
- Speed – The Breville BCG800XL is a quick to use and learn machine. It takes only a few seconds to grind enough coffee for a few cups of coffee.
- A bargain – The price of the Breville BCG800XL is lower than many other products that do the same thing.
- Convenience – This grinder is fast. You have it there whenever you need fresh ground coffee.
- Well built – The Breville BCG800XL is made to last. There are many people who pointed out that they knew the machine will last for a very long time. It is built to take on a great deal of wear and tear. It is not made of flimsy hardware like some other units and is built strong.
- Sturdy – Many people have said that even with a large amount of coffee beans the machine was still sturdy and strong.
- This unit is really quiet; you cannot even hear it while sleeping, it leaves absolutely no mess and the grounds are safely stored in its container.
- The ability to use it with a portafilter – If you have a love for a portafilter, you can easily use it with this grinder.
- No need to stand there and hold the button – The Breville BCG800XL grinder is able to work without the need to always hold down the button.
- High quality – It’s a high quality grinder that you will enjoy using and trust will be able to handle everything you place inside of it.
- It looks nice – There are magnets that are used to hold the various parts of the grinder on. Many consider it a nice touch. It is elegant looking and sophisticated and looks similar to a sophisticated appliance.
- The backlit display is durable and makes it super easy to get the perfect grind every time.
- Cleaning up is a breeze and you get a handy brush to help with the cleaning which is great for the dark French roast coffee lovers.
- You can pretty much just pick your grind and strength, the amount you need, tweak the grind to your liking and you’re done.
Breville BCG800XL Cons:
- Small amount of settings – People noted that the Breville BCG800XL should have more coarse settings.
- Cleaning can become a bit annoying – Taking to clean the grinder might be annoying. The best way to clean the product is with a wet paper towel.
- The double shot setting tends to overflow the portafilter, especially on a coarser grind – While grinding, occasionally the beans get caught and you need to open the container to move the beans around. This does not happen all the time though and usually only once out of around 20 or so uses.