The Cuisinart SM-70 Stand Mixer is not your typical mixer and can satisfy all of your mixing needs. It has a die cast metal housing which is sturdy and durable and is an innovative kitchen tool. It has a very futuristic look to it too.
You really need to know its features to get an understanding of its performance, safety, its durability and user friendliness. This way you can make comparisons with other mixers.
Features – Benefits:
- Housed in a die cast metal that is durable and runs on 1000 watts of power.
- Comes with a gentle fold function and slow start function, 12 speeds and a 7 quart bowl that is stainless steel.
- Includes 3 power outlets, a 15 min. countdown timer and a tilt back head.
- Accessories include a dough hook, flat mixing paddle, splashguard and a chef’s whisk.
- The unit shipping dimensions are approximately 15 1/2 x 11 x 14 1/2 in. with a shipping weight of 9 lbs. and come with 101 customer reviews and a 3 1/2 star rating on Amazon.
- Most mixers do not come with enough power or speed control like this mixer does.
- The spill guard is one piece and fits great and you do not have to worry about lifting the unit from the top and watching the bottom swing out due to the lock in feature of the top arm.
- All attachments are easily washed in the dishwasher.
- The only downsides of the Cuisinart SM-70 Stand Mixer are the mixing attachments do end approximately 1/4 below the bowls top rim so you can not mix the full 7 quarts. Actually, the mixing volume is approximately 5 quarts. Without tilting the head up, there is limited space when trying to get something into the bowl.