When you want a drill press with a laser system, you should really consider the Delta 18-900L 18 Inch Laser Drill Press. This is truly a professional grade item. It stands perfectly level on floors and has a variety of features to be interested in.
The auto tensioning belt drive system eliminates the need to make belt adjustments by hand. It has a full six inch quill stroke and adjustable depth stops for perfect precision. It also comes with a independent depth scale that allows the user to make just the right measurements every time.
With a total of 16 different speeds, finding the exact correct speed for every material is easy.
The laser system broadcasts a cross hair onto the exact dimension the drill will hit, giving you pinpoint accuracy that can’t be beat. It’s backed by an iron clad five year warranty that does more than keep you safe from factory defects, it makes sure you get your moneys worth.
So if you want a quality laser drill press at an affordable price, this is definitely an option. Delta has done well for themselves and has been producing quality products in recent years.
- 3/4 Horsepower Motor
- 16 Variable Speeds
- 6 Inch Quill Stroke
- 0-90 Degree Beveling Table
- Micro Adjustable Depth Stops and Independent Depth Scale
- Laser Sighting System
- Five Year Warranty
- Changing speeds with this laser drill is fast and easy
- Maintains a very solid grip on the bits
- Amazon is very good at accepting returns if you have a problem
- Spindle and bearing performance is exceptional
- Allows you to drill metal at lower RPM
- Spring loaded push button depth stops
- Makes a great upgrade from older, poor performing drill presses
- Speed table under the lid helps you choose the correct speed
- Relatively quiet operation
- Laser is somewhat difficult to see with drill press light on
- Drill chuck has a slight wobble (About .005 inches of play)