- Cuts Variety of Materials – Make detail cuts in materials such as wood, plastic, laminates and metal.
- Detachable Coping Function – Functions as a stationary scroll saw or remove it from its base to become a portable motorized coping saw.
- Auto Tensioning Quick Change – For easy accessory change and optimal tensioning, this feature keeps the blade taut so it’s ready to cut.
- Clamp Base – Fast clamp base attaches to various tables, benches and surfaces.
- MS50 Side Cutting Blade – Side cutting blade is perfect for making straight and curved cuts in larger pieces of wood and plastic materials, leaving a fine and precise finish. Pin-end design allows easy, tool-free blade changes.
- MS51 Wood & Plastic Blade – Wood and plastic cutting blade is perfect for making straight and curved cuts in soft wood, plastic, foam, carpet and other soft materials. Pin-end design allows easy, tool-free blade changes.
- MS52 Fine Wood Blade – Fine wood cutting blade is perfect for making straight and curved cuts in wood and plastic materials, leaving a fine and precise finish. Pin-end design makes changing your Moto-Saw blades fast, easy and tool-free. Includes four MS52 wood cutting blades and one bonus MS50 side cutting blade.
- MS53 Metal Blade – Metal Cutting blade is perfect for making straight and curved cuts in soft, thin sheet metals. Pin-end design allows easy, tool-free blade changes.
Dremel MS20-01 Pros:
- This product is ideal for beginners, and it is durable provided you do not use on materials that are too hard.
- Can easily be mounted on overlays that are 2 inch thick or less. The saw is firm and stable once you correctly lock it in place.
- Comes with variable speed mechanism that is handy especially when dealing with materials of different thickness or hardness.
- The product is lightweight and portable and cheaper than most rival products on the market.
- The saw comes in a sturdy case, and some accessories like the clamp and table stand are standard
- It is a silent power tool when properly mounted, and it eliminates the need for wearing a noise
protection device. Some users claimed it made noise no more than a sewing machine.
- The saw is better than most coping saw or jigsaw regarding its ability to cut-out tiny intricate pieces.
- The dust collector of the machines works well.
- People who are experienced at using saws will discover that this particular one saves them a lot of time.
- Also, it can be unmounted and used as a jigsaw.
- The product is relatively easy to use especially for women and little kids who do not always possess the same level of strength like grown up men.
Dremel MS20-01 Cons:
- It will cut 1/2″ plywood but not 1″ hardwood.
- Finding a suitable replacement blade could be difficult to source locally, but you can easily source for one online at a disproportionately high shipping cost. The blades are not of the highest quality strength and fixing them into place could be quite tasking.
- The saw does not come with a guide fence or miter guard which makes it a bit tricky to use. You might want to be careful with your fingers while using it.
- On a few occasions, the product might turn up at your doorstep quite damaged and ruffled. This might be from the company or shipping issues.