This is one of the best scanners that Fujitsu has to offer. Not only is it fast, but it’s affordable too. Designed to be compatible with the Macintosh, you finally have an option for your Mac scanning needs.
This scanner easily converts paper documents into easy to manage PDF files. Whether it’s color or black and white documents, this scanner recognizes both. It will also automatically determine the size of your page, straighten up images, discard blank pages, and more.
With the capability to function in duplex mode, it’s able to scan 18 pages per minute to get you on with your work day quickly. A 600 DPI resolution gives you stunning image clarity and the ability to even get great resolution with picture pages. With its compact design, the total space this machine takes up is less than a size of a letter piece of paper. And to top it all off, you get a 1 year warranty on the scanner with your purchase.
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner takes the guesswork out of scanning and performs beautifully under constant demand.
- Macintosh compatible.
- Sets up easily with included CD-ROMs to create instant PDF files.
- Scans up to 18 pages per minute.
- Automatically recognizes the paper size, straightens images, and deletes blank pages.
- Duplex mode scanning.
- Two CCD scanning modules scan operating at 600 DPI resolution.
- Compact design.
- Includes Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional and ABBYY FineReader software package.
- 1 year warranty.
- One of the few quality scanners that work with Macintosh.
- Scans both sides of a document in a single pass – Saves lots of time.
- Can handle legal size documents.
- Superb quality images when scan is complete.
- Pages scan through the machine in 5 seconds with amazing accuracy.
- Open PDF files in the included Adobe Acrobat software.
- Organize and store your documents in PDF instead of them taking up valuable office space.
- FineReader software does a great job of reading text.
- Can even scan business cards.
- Simply stack the feeder full of documents you need scanned, and walk away, it’s that simple.
- Does a great job with photos.
- Some people say it requires special handling.
- A few reports of paper jamming.