We’ve covered JET products before in our product recommendations, and they seem to be gaining a great following with the garage/shop community.
The JET 577101 6 Inch Bench Grinder is good for sharpening and removing rust from your tools and is built well enough for years of trouble free use.
The 1/2 horsepower 1 phase motor delivers enough power to accomplish a wide range of shop tasks, and it features totally enclosed ball bearings for a long life span.
The rubber mounts work well to prevent movement, and it comes with two 6 inch wheels (60 grit and 36 grit) to get you on your way and working right out of the box. The motor operates at 3,450 RPM to deliver professional results, and this bench grinder comes complete with a 2 year warranty to keep you safe from factory defects and premature wear.
The Amazon reviews are impressive for this machine and because this bench grinder is made by JET, you can almost be 100% sure it’s a safe investment.
- 1/2 Horsepower 1 Phase Motor – 3,450 RPM
- Two 6 Inch Wheels (36 Grit and 60 Grit)
- Totally Enclosed Ball Bearings
- Guarded Toggle Switch
- Rubber Mounts
- 2 Year Warranty
- After 12 years of using this grinder, it still works as good as the day the customer bought it
- Well built – Wheels are well balanced and it operates with a glass-like smoothness when running
- Cast iron tool rests are built for a long life span
- The 1/2 horsepower motor provides lots of power and makes this grinder well worth the price tag
- Jet bench grinders are well known to operate smoothly and without error for the long haul
- Seems to be a safe investment for anyone looking for a solid bench grinder
- Tool rests are only minimally adjustable
- Difficult to use for grinding lathe cutting tools and drill bits