If you need both a heater and an air conditioner in one window unit, the LG LWHD7000HR Heat/Cool window air conditioner will be perfect. LG has always produced quality products, and this one is something you can really appreciate. With a plasma heat exchanger strip, you can be sure that this will do an adequate job of heating an area.
7,000 BTU is plenty of power for a medium sized room. It has an energy saving feature that automatically turns the unit off when the desired temperature is reached. After that point, it checks every three minutes for temperature changes.
The total cost of operating this unit is much less than you might expect. Most homeowners don’t notice much of a difference in their utility costs from operating it. It comes with a remote control for easy temperature and fan speed adjustments. Total weight of the unit is a surprisingly light 69 pounds. It comes with 4 way air deflection that allows you complete control over the air flow in the room.
The best part about this unit is the use of great technology. Most other window air conditioners don’t come with a heater feature, so that really makes the value you get with this machine top notch. It’s an Energy Star device that will also help you save money over the cost of older units.
- Energy Star Compliant For Energy Saving Performance
- Auto Restart Feature
- 4 Way Air Deflection For Complete Air Flow Control
- Heats AND Cools Medium Sized Rooms
- Additional Energy Saving Features
- Remote Control
- As far as cooling performance goes, this LG LWHD7000HR is one of the best window air conditioners out there.
- As long as the room is medium sized, you shouldn’t have any problems keeping the area cool or warm.
- Energy saver button allows you to maximize savings on your energy bill
- In addition to the energy saver button, it’s also Energy Star certified – Double the savings!
- Amazing dual functionality allows you to also heat living areas in addition to cooling them
- The heating function uses a patented plasma heat exchanger that works very well
7,000 BTU is a step up from less powerful units
- The four way air control gives you free reign on where you want the air flow directed to
- 12 hour timer allows you to program the unit to shut off after a specific period of time
- When the correct temperature is reached, the fan and compressor turn off automatically and then restarts when needed
- Energy efficiency rating of 9.7 EER is a step in the right direction when trying to maximize energy bill savings
- Able to heat or cool a 150 square foot area with no problems
- Digital display is easy to see and work with
- Soft touch remote control allows for effortless functionality of the unit
- Comes with a fresh air vent that brings in FRESH air from the outside into the inside – Other air conditioners only circulate air from the INSIDE, resulting in stuffy conditions
- LG is a top ranking company that makes a wide variety of electronics for consumers and has a pretty good reputation
- Auto restarts itself in the event of power failure
- It’s a little more expensive than other window air conditioners out there, but it comes with a heat feature, so it’s actually worth the extra cost.
- Some people found the directions a little confusing.
- Heater performs well but could be better.
- Not a lot of reviews on this product yet, so it’s hard to tell if it’s genuinely worth buying or not.