With dual slides, this Makita LS1216L 12 Inch Compound Miter Saw is as good as you can get for the money. You can make crosscuts, crown cuts, and it has a ball bearing system to keep it running smoothly.
The 5 1/2 inch tall sliding fence is another improvement, and upper and lower fence adjustments allow you to keep everything lined up precisely the way you want it. It bevels from 0-52 degrees on the left, and 0-60 degrees on the right. It also has multiple positive stops to speed up the process of making angled cuts.
The bevel scales are true and accurate, and it even has a laser sighting system to ensure that every cut you make is as good as it can get.
The 15 amp motor is guaranteed to never slip, get bogged down, or need maintenance in any way. The included Electronic Speed Control makes sure that blade RPM is maintained throughout your cuts.
DXT (Deep and Exact Cutting Technology) is a modern day miracle for construction professionals. It’s a tried and true engine system that really works well, and the LS1216L features it.
- 15 Amp Motor
- 3200 RPM Spin Speed
- 5 1/2 Inch Tall Sliding Fence
- Left/Right Beveling 0-52 degrees left, 0-60 degrees right
- Positive Stops
- Dual Bevel Scales
- DXT (Deep and Exact Cutting Technology)
- Built in laser does a great job of aligning cuts perfectly
- The perfect miter saw for business professionals like carpenters, woodworkers, cabinet makers, decking and flooring workers, and more
- Best in Class for functionality in the garage and at the worksite
- 12″ blade goes through tough molding projects easily
- Majority of components to this saw are made from metal, adding to the overall durability
- Cuts wide boards of up to 15″ with ease
- Reports of this saw being prone to kickback
- A few reports of dust clogs