The Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker gives you a lot of options that makes it one of the better bread making models of the 21st century. It allows you to mix and knead the dough and rises and also bakes your bread to perfection giving you amazing loaf sizes of up to 2 1/2 lbs. It does not stop there though.
You get digital controls that enable you to select from white, French, whole wheat or multigrain breads with crisp crust and open texture. You also get the choice of the soft crust baking sandwich bread or rapid baking setting. If your preference is a dried fruit bread such as raisin, you get a beeper signal that lets you know when it is time to add in your fruit during kneading.
This way the fruit is not crushed. Choice from dark or light crust settings and get your yeast automatically added at the right time from the unit lid dispenser.
Imagine having the ability to make sweet cakes, gingerbread, banana bread and non-yeast, quick bread. This is quite possible with the Panasonic SD-YD250. Mix for breads, rise dough for pizza, croissants, focaccia and other pastries without having to bake them. You can program the machine for up to a 13 hour delay so you are able to wake up in the morning to fresh, hot homemade bread. Plus, cleanup is so easy and the baking pan is even nonstick.
- Ability to mix, knead, rise and bake bread at 3 different loaf sizes up to 2 1/2 lbs.
- Features white, multigrain, whole wheat French, cakes and quick bread settings.
- Wake up to fresh baked bread in the morning or plan your dinner with the 13 hour delay timer.
- Comes with baking tips and recipe booklet with 40 breads and doughs.
- Measurements are 14 X 13 1/2 X 9 in.
- This bread maker is very quiet and does not jump around on your countertop like other models.
- No whining or improper mixing. You get an even loaf even if it’s your first loaf or on 1:55 rapid mode. Other bread makers had some level of unevenness or streaking; not this one.
- This bread maker has a thick pan which is great for even rising and baking and perfect crust.
- Due to the flat thin blade, you are not fishing around to find the blade and your loaf slides right out.
- You get perfect crust color all the way from top to bottom. Other bread makers would produce crust that was darker near the bottom due to the heating element and then light at the top.
- Because the loaf pan is really vertical, your loaf comes out really tall if the size is set on anything but the smallest.
- You do not get a viewing window and the manual that comes with the Panasonic SD-YD250 Automatic Bread Maker is not the greatest.
- The menu on the model is a little confusing. The signal that tells you your bread is all done is not loud enough and the handle on the bread pan is a little difficult to grasp with a potholder.
However, these are minor inconveniences and overall the bread maker is really great!