Pressure canning is recommended by the USDA as a safe method for foods that are low-acid like meats, vegetables and poultry. The Presto 01781 23-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker is perfect for your everyday home canning needs.
It is made with heavy-duty, quality aluminum and has a strong-lock steel lid and stay-cool handles. You also get the accompanying rack that fits into the pot and keeps your jars off of the bottom so the liquid circulates underneath.
You can also use this canner as a pressure cooker too. Easily cook up healthy foods with this cooker/canner and your food will retain its nutrients and flavor. Keep the steam in with the inner seal ring and the lid stays safely locked down during cooking or canning.
Also included is a simple steam release mechanism, a pop-up pressure indicator and an overpressure plug which will let off steam that is built up excessively. You get an accurate reading every time with the pressure dial gauge so pressure is constant while canning.
Cook up weeknight dinners or any other meals that you need quickly with the cooker ability in this canner. You get over 50 delicious recipes with the accompanying booklet which gives you recipes that range form pot roasts to stews to sweet treats like Brown Bread or English Plum Pudding.
Tenderize lean cut meats like pork, chicken or beef; cook up vegetables and fish fast and without losing any moisture.
- USDA recommended safe method for canning meats, vegetables, seafood or poultry.
- Use for a boiling water canner to preserve jams, fruits, jellies, salsa or pickles and also handy to be used as a large pressure cooker.
- Made with heavy-gauge, warp-resistant aluminum for quick and even heating; use on both smooth-top or regular ranges.
- Includes the deluxe pressure dial gauge that registers the entire range of processing pressures; comes with 12 year limited warranty.
- Includes a 76-page recipe and instruction book.
- This unit is so easy to use. You simply follow the books instructions and you are on your way.
- The gauge on the canner is great, you don’t see them that often. It is super easy to assemble and it is huge.
- You can even use this canner with flat burners. There is a flat raised inner section on the bottom of the canner which fits on the larger burners of glass cooktop ranges.
- You get an airtight seal that does not leak and it comes up to pressure as well as drops pressure fast.
- You can find any replacement parts easily and customer service is excellent.
- When the Presto 01781 Pressure Cooker is full of jars, it can be quite heavy and therefore hard to move off the heat.
- Also, it gets fairly noisy when it gets too high, but overall this is a great pressure canner at an affordable price.