Central Air Conditioning Costs A Lot Of Money – You Can Drastically Reduce Your Bills With A Window Unit!
It’s no secret to homeowners that central air conditioning is a real drain on finances. Instead of cooling your entire house and including rooms that you hardly ever go in, why not use 1 or 2 window air conditioners to cool things down?
Let’s take a look at some financial statistics to give you a better idea of just how much the average person is spending, and how much you can save:
Central Air: $108.00 Per Month To Run
The average cost of electricity in the United States is 12 cents per kWh. While reading the multiplication figures we outline, take that into consideration. The average central air conditioning unit will use about 900 kWh per month if you run it for 6 hours per day. You then multiply 900 kWh per month by .12 cents per kWh and you come to $108.00 for a monthly cost of running the central unit.
Window Air Conditioning Units: $28.80 Per Month To Run One / $57.60 To Run Two At Once
A 12,000 BTU air conditioner will use roughly 1 kilowatt of electricity per hour. Multiply that by 6 hours per day, and you come to $.96 per day in electricity costs. On a monthly basis, that’s $28.80 per month. Even with two window air conditioners running at once, which by the way can do a very good job of cooling things down, you’re looking at only $57.60 for a total monthly cost.
What’s The Difference?
If you’re comparing what it costs to run a window air conditioner versus a central air conditioning unit, make a mental note of the cost difference! It’s huge! By running the SPT 12000 BTU Window Air Conditioner Energy Star WA-1211S, you’ll save an incredible $79.20 per month running one, and $50.40 if you’re running two, over the cost of central air.
Now you can see for yourself that it makes a lot of financial sense to run window units instead of central air.
And if you want to know the cold hard facts of the matter, there’s something called “duct loss” that occurs when air passes through the duct system of a home. The cool air from the central unit warms up and is lost through some of the piping structure.
This costs money! How much exactly? They say that nearly 30% of the efficiency of a central air conditioning system is lost through “duct loss”. Consider that fact if you’re considering the purchase of a central air system.
Click Here To Read More About SPT WA-1211S On Amazon!
You Can Use This Window Air Conditioner Unit To Dehumidify Too!
You’ll Enjoy Better Health, Be More Comfortable, And Save On Your Energy Bills!
Dehumidifying your home can have substantial benefits for your health. Instead of breathing in moisture-rich air that’s a breeding ground for bacteria, opt for a drier environment that’s better for your health and well being.
You’ll be more comfortable too! Most people who have window air conditioning units say they stay dry and comfortable because of the ability of the window unit to remove moisture from the air. And your energy bills will be lower too, considering the fact that your skin stays naturally cooler in dry air.
Window Air Conditioners Are Easy On Maintenance Too!
Instead of having to conduct maintenance on your central air conditioning system, clean the ducts, and perform other operations, using a window air conditioner can save you from all this. In fact, for people who just don’t have the time, money, and energy to put into the maintenance aspect of a central air conditioning system, a window unit makes perfect sense.
Imagine, no more having to call duct cleaners to get into the ducting system! That costs hundreds of dollars, and the bottom line is, you just shouldn’t tolerate it anymore! This SPT Window Air Conditioner is a better way and you’ve already seen the financial figures to prove it.
So Why Else Should You Consider The SPT Window Air Conditioner WA-1211S?
Most quality window air conditioners come with about the same features. The real buying factor that you should be interested in, is whether or not the unit’s going to last as long as it should. Some window air conditioners won’t last even a year before breaking down!
Make sure you read the Amazon reviews and see what others are saying before you jump into a making a purchase.
Now let’s take a closer look at the feature set of this SPT Window Air Conditioner:
- 12,000 BTU
- 3 Fan Speeds
- 4 Modes – AUTO, COOL, DRY, ENERGY SAVER
- Removable/Washable Air Filter
- Maintains Temperature From 62-86 Fahrenheit
- Energy Star Compliant
- Remote Control
- 1 Year Warranty
SPT WA-1211S Pros:
- Pretty quiet when running – The compressor and fan don’t make a lot of noise
- Three fan speeds and variable vent direction allow you to control the flow of air
- Like we outlined in this article, people notice a substantial drop in their energy bills over the cost of central air
- Arrives fast and well packaged with Free Shipping from Amazon
- Air filter tells you when it needs to be removed and cleaned
- This air conditioner has DRY mode, which functions as a dehumidifier and does a good job at it
- Moves more air with the fan than competing units
- 12,000 BTU strength is especially good for cooling rooms when the temperature is 90+ outside
- Cools rooms quickly at a price you can afford – $281.98 for top of the line quality like this isn’t too bad
- Nice looking and comes with a remote for easy control from across a room
- Lots of ice cold air from this unit!
- Works twice as good as units that cost two times as much and it’s really easy to install
- 1 year parts and labor warranty is good to keep you safe from factory defects
SPT WA-1211S Cons:
- Heavy – If you’re small in stature, you won’t be able to get this unit upstairs by yourself
- Kind of expensive for some people’s budgets, but it’s really a top notch air conditioner and is cheaper than other air conditioners with the same power
- You might have to wash the filter frequently if you live in a dusty house