The Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master 1700 Watt steam iron is created in the country of Germany and is a very professional hand tool.
There are 1700 powered watts and has results and performance of steam that are superior because of a strong steam shot pushed into fabrics with very high pressures creating the ability to smooth wrinkle creases out, on any type of thick garment.
The new soleplate, stainless, micro-steam has a tip with precision along with 400 holes of steam for wonderful glide and resistance and diffusion of steam which is optimal. Included is a shut-off automatic switch while left laying horizontally for eight minutes and if tipped, for thirty seconds.
- Professional 1700 watts of steam; Automatic three way shut off.
- Steam is bursting, variable with vertical options, misting spray, cool options; Anti-calc and anti-dripping systems; Self- cleans.
- Soleplate made of stainless steel and polished highly with a tip of high precision; Shield of metal; Handle that is ergonomically covered.
- Tank is 12.7 ounces for water, extra big; Cord length is 7 feet and has a pivot of 360 degrees.
- Made: The country of Germany; Warranty of 1 year.
Rowenta DW8080 Pro Master Pros:
- Water reservoir is very large, meaning more steam.
- The weight is great because one does not have to press hard for the iron to have fabric smoothed.
- Since there are so many vents of steam too, the overall time of ironing is decreased by one third.
- Iron has a self-cleaning feature that is designed to help remove builtup mineral deposits from hard or impure water.
- Iron has adjustable settings to control not only the amount of steam produced but also allows settings for different angles of the steam spray.
- Unit has a multiple featured automatic shutoff which will turn the iron off quickly if left in the horizontal position or dropped but will allow a longer time if merely set in the vertical standby position.
- The narrow shape of the nose point is very effective for reaching small or narrow areas.
- While the iron is slightly heavier than expected, this is in part due to the very sturdy construction.
- Very powerful, effective, and long-lasting steam amounts even on moderate setting. However, this is a tradeoff in that the holding tank must be frequently refilled.
- German-made units are very durable and can easily last for a decade or more. The newer, low-end China-made units are not so much.
- It’s an incredible appliance and covers narrowed areas easily while being fast and steam power with smooth gliding for synthetics.
Rowenta DW8080 Cons:
- The electrical cord is rather short so you must set up your board and work near an outlet.
- The steam adjustment knob doesn’t always stay in place and may require frequent checking and readjusting.
- High energy consumption. Do not run iron in outlet with multiple appliances.
- In order to put in the water, you do need to push down in order for cover to close.