One of the best appliances in anyone’s home and one that most cannot get through their mornings without is the espresso machine. Most if not all coffee enthusiasts have experienced the joys of having their own espresso machine and brewing their own delightful cups.
This is perfect for the people who do not enjoy standing in long lines and paying high prices for their morning cup of espresso. There is nothing more relaxing than being able to sit quietly at home on Sunday morning and sipping a tasty espresso.
It is important, however, that you thoroughly research your machines prior to buying them. Reviews are a decent way to get all the information you need on a particular machine so you know exactly what you are bringing home.
Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder Review
Whether you are looking for espresso bean or thick crema, the Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder delivers the optimum path in only minutes with its combined conical burr grinder and its dosing control.
The single-wall cafe style filters allow you to experiment with grind size and pressure to experience the true art of espresso. Beginners are able to make smooth crema every time with the pressurized dual-walled filters.
You can easily tamp to your liking while attached to the counter or machine with the combined tamper and magnetized lock feature.
- Comes with the Italian-designed 15 bar Thermoblock Pump
- Comes with an 8oz capacity sealed bean hopper
- Includes combined conical burr grinder and dosing control
- Includes a 67oz removable water tank and filtration system
- Choose between manual or programmable settings
Overall, the Breville BES860XL Barista Express is a long lasting, great looking, easy to setup espresso machine, the perfect machine to make delicious cups of espresso!
Breville BES860XL Pros:
- Great for the novice barista – The Breville BES860XL espresso machine is made for both those that are brand new at making espresso and those that have been doing it for years.
- Long lasting – Many reviewers said that they have had this espresso machine for the last 3 years and longer. This machine is finely engineered, heavy and built with stainless steel.
- Includes a grinder – With the grinder built into the Breville BES860XL espresso machine it’s even easier to use. The settings for the grind are super easy to set as well.
- The steam wand is powerful and very effective – Having the right amount of steam on your coffee is super important. The steam wand is very effective at giving you just the right amount every time.
- Automatic cleaning cycle – The Breville BES860XL provides you with a warning light and also features an automatic cleaning cycle. This makes sure that your coffee is always the best it can be.
- Nice looking – Many reviewers went with this espresso machine because of how nice looking it was. It fits nicely into any type of decor.
- The Barista Express will easily pay for itself in less than six months and is well worth the initial investment.
- Using it is a snap – just fill it with beans, select your filter, press the button to fill up the filter with your grounds, tamp and then press another button to brew your coffee. It’s fast and much quieter than other models.
- Easy to setup – The Breville BES860XL espresso machine is super easy to set up. It only takes a few minutes to go from box to coffee. It only takes about three minutes to unwrap it and assemble it due to the simple to follow Quick Start Guide and pictures.
- You can pre-measure your beans each time for your brew because it is a fully automatic machine.
- The steam pressure and temperature is excellent and it works great with the frothing jug.
- This machine is definitely for you if you enjoy a great cup of cafe latte, cappuccino, espresso, macchiato, con panna or americano.
Breville BES860XL Cons:
- Limited warranty – The Breville BES860XL espresso machine only has a 1 year warranty.
- You should pre-warm your demitasse prior to making a real espresso shot. Otherwise your coffee will not be hot.
- There is no adjustable knob to adjust steam which some other machines have.