1. Top Pick – Rinnai RL75iN Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
This is a great option for people that live in mobile homes. It’s certified for use in them, and the heat exchanger that comes with it is commercial grade.
The MC-91-1US digital controller has an error code indicator that lets you know when something’s wrong, and the water temperature preset is set to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. With a 7.5 GPM flow rate, your showers and baths will never seem to end.
You can set up the exhaust to be vented through the roof or through a wall, and you’ll be surprised what this unit saves over the cost of traditional tank water heaters. This is the most ideal option for two to three bathroom homes.
As far as the Amazon score is concerned, this has been a very well received item. Let’s take a closer look at the features:
- 7.5 GPM Flow Rate
- 120 Degree Fahrenheit Temp Setting
- Ideal For Two To Three Bathroom Homes
- Roof Or Through The Wall Exhaust Vent
- MC-91-1US Digital Controller With Error Code Indicator
- Runs On Natural Gas
- 12 Year Warranty
- Pays for itself within 7 years of standard usage over the cost of traditional tank water heaters
- You get a seemingly endless supply of hot water that allows you to do laundry and shower at the same time!
- The lengthy 12 year warranty provides extra peace of mind
- This tankless heater is great for people that have high demands for hot water in a continuous, non-stop fashion
- Space saving design and extremely quiet performance
- Hot water delivery is nearly instantaneous
- Gas bills drop by nearly 15% over the cost of running a tank heater
- You can get a $300-$1,500 tax credit from the government for using this type of heater
- Having to run the exhaust through a wall or roof can add to installation issues
2. Second Pick – Ecotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater
If you need a portable option for the great outdoors, look no further than the Ecotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater. It provides 1.4 gallons per minute of flow rate and runs on propane fuel.
You can use standard propane tanks with it (not included), and features multiple spray settings that allow you to select just the right amount of water pressure. It connects using a standard garden hose nozzle.
After 20 minutes of continuous operation, this tankless water heater will shut off automatically. As long as you have 20-100 PSI of water pressure going into it, it will function properly. Another thing that makes this portable unit great, is that when the power is out, you’re still guaranteed hot water.
How? The two D batteries provide a spark to ignite the flame that heats the water, thereby eliminating the need for a standard outlet hookup.
The Amazon review score really tells the tale on this portable tankless water heater and you can be sure that you’re really getting something spectacular. Let’s take a closer look at the feature list:
- .5 – 1.4 GPM Flow Rate
- 80-150 Degrees Fahrenheit Temperature Selection
- Liquid Propane Fuel Source (Tanks Not Included)
- Fuel Ignition Source: 2 D Batteries
- 20-80 PSI Water Pressure Compatibility
- 20 Minute Auto Shut Off Feature
- One Year Parts Warranty
- After being used daily for over 2 years, sometimes three times per day, this water heater provided outstanding outdoor performance
- Ecotemp is a high quality manufacturer of tankless water heaters, you won’t be disappointed by their products
- Even in remote locations like the mountains of Utah, this unit performed exceptionally well
- For an outdoor model, this item provides a great flow rate – Showers that never seem to end!
- Setup takes just minutes, and after that it makes hot water instantly!
- Works great on boats!
- Costs way less than many other competing tankless water heaters
- Temperature of the water remains pretty constant and scalding isn’t much of a problem
- You might need teflon tape or plumbers putty for the connection threads – Threads are a bit roughly cut
- Wind can blow out the pilot light on blustery days!
3. Third Pick – Ariston GL4S 4 Gallon Electric Mini Tank Water Heater
If you’re looking to purchase a point of use indoor electric mini-tank water heater, look no further than the Ariston GL4S Water Heater. It works great and you can even use it in combination with a tankless or tank water heater.
Just hook it in-line with the tankless or tank heater and you won’t have to wait for seemingly endless periods for your hot water to arrive. Everything from that point on will be instant hot water, all the time!
- 4 Gallons Of Hot Water Storage
- No Hard Wiring Required
- Electric Powered
- 120 Volts/1500 Watts
- 17 Lbs Total Weight
- 14″ X 14″ X 12 1/2″ Size Dimension
- 1 Year Parts Warranty / 6 Year Limited Heat Exchanger Warranty
- Reports of after three years of service, this mini-tank heater still performs flawlessly
- Fits right under the sink for easy access to the controls
- Glass lined water tank won’t rust or corrode
- No more having to waste water by waiting for it to warm up – Most people waste nearly 2 gallons at a time by using traditional tank heaters exclusively
- Ability to hook it up inline with a traditional tank or tankless heater means hot water is 100% instant all the time!
- Price is very reasonable considering how well built it is and how long it will last you
- Ariston water heaters have a substantial following of people that love them
- Setting the thermostat is a bit of a pain
- In order to drain it, you have to pick it up and turn it upside down