Inverter generators are a higher class of generator. They’re more fuel efficient, longer lasting, quieter, and more reliable than conventional generators. It’s this plain and simple truth that keeps people coming back to inverter powered generators instead of other models.
Yamaha makes world class, portable inverter generators, but there are also some other companies that deserve some recognition as well.
Champion, Briggs and Stratton, and Hyundai all have great inverter generator options available. They all seemed to do quite well in the reviews and have a high enough score to give them a closer look. Most inverter generators, regardless of who makes them, deliver Sine wave electricity instead of unrefined electric. This makes them safe for all your sensitive electronics as well as standard appliances.
As far as cost goes, you may find that Yamaha is the most expensive brand. Yamaha is indeed making the highest quality portable inverter generator, but other manufacturers are much cheaper and have done well in the reviews as well.
Yamaha EF2000iS Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator Review
The Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator (CARB Compliant) delivers a maximum of 2,000 watts at full load. It’s CARB compliant and comes with a Pulse Width Modulation Control mechanism.
The Smart Throttle Load and dual coil alternator stator feature limits the engine and forces it to operate at a lower RPM, conserving fuel and preserving engine life. And, at 44 lbs, this is a portable inverter generator that you can easily take around with you. With the included central control panel, you have easy access to fine tune the settings.
You can even recharge your batteries with the Yamaha EF2000iS! It has DC output that makes charging a variety of automotive batteries quick and easy. Overall, this is a very well received portable inverter generator.
Across 105 customer reviews, it scored an amazing 4.5 out of 5 stars. This kind of quality is exactly what we expect from a world class company like Yamaha.
- 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Engine
- 2,000 Watt Maximum Output
- Pulse Width Control
- Smart Throttle Load
- 44 Lbs Total Weight
- Two Year Warranty
- Easy to carry and powerful enough to charge any battery you have
- You can hook two or more of these generators up for twice the power at once!
- Glass wool insulation dampens noise and prevents noise pollution
- Great for tailgate and emergency use
- Legendary Yamaha quality
- Starts easy every time and has an attractive size and weight
- Excellent fuel economy – 5 hours at full load and 12 hours at half load without needing to refuel!
- No extended fuel tank available
- A few people have had bad customer service experiences – but only an isolated few